On Halloween, someone asked me a question that brought me back to childhood. The question was “when you went trick-or-treating, which was the one candy you always grabbed first out of the candy bowl?” I thought about it…but didn’t have to think long seeing as I’m a chocolate lover…these questions don’t necessarily stump me. I have about 5 go-to candy bars and a few I would NEVER choose. Here are my top 5: ( And obviously they are all chocolate)
2. Hersheys with Almonds
4. Reeces Peanut Butter Cups
5. Almond Joy
Here are the 5 I would prefer to pass on:
2. Three Muskateers
3. Nestle Crunch Bar
I don’t know what it is about a butterfinger but it never appealed to me. Perhaps it is the crunchiness or the fact that it gets stuck in your teeth too easily. So when someone offered me a homemade butterfinger recipe I was apprehensive since I’m not a fan of the candy.
I tried it anyways, hoping it may be better then the real thing. Good news! These are WAY better then the real thing. I have friends and family to testify.
The best part: They have only THREE ingredients. And you may even be a little surprised as to what they consist of but I promise you, you can’t go wrong.
Ready for this?…..you sure?
16 oz bag of Candy Corn ( YES! Candy corn!)
16 oz jar of peanut butter
1. Melt the bag of candy corn in a saucepan until it becomes a liquid.
2. Add the jar of peanut butter and the candy corn into a mixer and mix for about three minutes.
3. Spread out the mixture onto a piece of wax paper so that it is thick enough to cut into pieces.
4. Freeze for about 20 min.
5. Take out of freezer and cut into squares, rectangles (whichever shape you prefer)
6. Melt chocolate.
7. Dip each bar into the chocolate and set onto another tray covered with wax paper.
8. Refrigerate until chocolate is hardened.
I am one of those people who does NOT like my candy cold. Some people love to freeze their candy…I actually prefer to warm mine up. It is your choice as to how you store these. You may not be storing them for too long though. They could be gone in minutes!
The best part of this recipe is that the consistency is perfect. I would compare it to the consistency of a three muskateers bar. Almost marshmallowy with a peanut butter flavor.
Next year, I know what you will be handing out for halloween 😉