Who doesn’t love that ooey, gooey campfire treat? S’mores are the perfect blend of chocolate, melty marshmallows, and crunchy sweet graham crackers.
But why stop with traditional? Yes, we have the camp fire to thank for this delicious treat but these flavors blend so well with too many other desserts to stop there!
Here are the recent s’mores creations I have made in the past month. And I can promise there will be more to come.
S’MORES CRISPY TREATS
1 box of golden grahams
1 stick of butter
1 bag of marshmallows (big or small)
1. Melt the stick of butter in a saucepan.
2. Add in marshmallows and mix until they turn completely into liquid.
3. Add in bag of golden grahams and stir continuously until marshmallow is evenly separated.
4. Mix in as many chocolate chips as your little heart desires.
5. Grease pan and flatten out the cereal into the pan.
6. Let cool and cut. For these, I do not like to cut into perfect squares. They are more fun when they are random shapes and sizes.
This is a recipe I created when I had all the ingredients for s’mores but didn’t want to settle for the traditional thing.
1 box of brownie mix
1 bag of marshmallows
1 box of graham crackers
1 hershey bar
1. Grease and flour the bottom of a baking pan.
2. Layer the bottom with graham crackers. You may need to break a few to fit them evenly into the pan.
3. Make brownie mix and add in a cup of marshmallows.
4. Pour mix over graham crackers.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. I like to under cook these a little because they will be going back into the oven for a few more minutes later.
6. Pour entire bag of marshmallows over the of the brownies.
7. Turn oven to broil and put the brownies back into the oven for about three minutes.
8. Marshmallows will brown quickly so keep an eye on them.
9. As soon as you take them out, place pieces of graham cracker and hershey bar on top of marshmallow so that they melt into it.
10. Cool and cut into squares.
These are extremely messy…but all the better!