Hi friends! Today was a busy, chaotic, and tiring day. However; I did manage to get some baking in. Success! What was on the menu? Well, I had to get rid of the extra candy corn lying around the house so I made another batch of the butterfingers. This time I used dark chocolate instead. The chocolate started to harden as I was dipping the bars so they didn’t come out as pretty as last time. Just as scrumptious though!
Today’s new adventure was my Shortbread Surprise cookies! I like shortbread. It is not my absolute favorite…as you know, I am more of a CHOCOLATE person. BUUTT, my mom, dad, and brother all LOVE shortbread. Therefore; shortbread it is. And, since I couldn’t just settle for shortbread alone…what did I dad? You got it. Chocolate.
SHORTBREAD SURPRISE COOKIES
1 cup of shortening
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of light brown sugar (packed)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 cup of mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, or whatever you choose ( I did mini peanut butter morsels)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat shortening, sugars, and vanilla until well blended.
3. Add flour and beat until smooth.
4. Stir in Mini hershey kisses, M&M’s, or peanut butter morsels
5. Mold the batter around the unwrapped hershey kiss to form a ball.
6. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 Minutes
8. Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
9. Prepare chocolate drizzle if desired and drizzle over each cooled cookie. (I cheated and used magic shell)
10. Eat and enjoy 🙂